At this level, pupils will learn to
- understand mathematical situations and construct bar models,
- recognise commonly used mathematical models;
- visualise corresponding relations between two quantities;
- perform arithmetic operations on bar models,
- apply Euclidean Division Algorithm for cycle a&remainder situations,
- have an idea of the Unitary Method,
- acquire various algebraic manipulation skills for effective algebraic approach.
The learning tales place when pupils go through the contents in the following units
Unit 1: Simple Practical Problems.
Unit 2: Practical Units Problems.
Unit 3: Simple Algebraic Problems.